Friday, September 9, 2016

Stuck and broken

The floor was the next thing to tackle. We had done a lot of rust treatment, but still had some work to do. For instance, there were several areas where the screws were either stripped or rusted...sometimes both. Then there was the spot by the door where the rust had eaten away the metal. And the last two "kid bumpers". Ok, so that is probably not the name of those things, but I have no idea what they are actually called. They are the things that look like seat backs, in place, I assume, to keep kids from going airborne in the instance of sudden stops. 

Matt got to use the angle grinder. I am pretty sure he was giggling the entire time. The thing smells awful and creates a fireworks show of sparks. The kids were totally impressed. I think Matt ended up using upwards of 10 metal wheels. Don't worry, he also used gloves, a mask and goggles.


Eventually, we got all the brackets removed. Not a quick and easy task.
As he removed them, I followed along and used the wire brush to remove surface rust. That guy and I make a good team, pretty happy I married him. And I have I mentioned what adorable children we make?

Finally, we can paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment